One hundred and fifteen years ago, the J. H. Stubbs family decided to build a home. Mr. Stubbs designed a simple craftsman style home in the heart of the town. The home is in the middle of a street off the main, high traffic avenues of town and is the oldest on the block. She has seen many families come and go since her original owners. And now, more than a century after she was built in 1895, we moved in! We have lived here for almost 5 months. I would love to post before and after shots, but I really only have time to wait on the "afters" to upload! A few friends and family have been asking for pics of the house. I am posting what we have done so far! Over the coming years, we hope to put down new flooring EVERYWHERE! The current wood flooring under the yucky carpet is in really bad condition and probably not able to be restored. We would love to use repurposed flooring to stay true to the house. We also hope to eventually renovate the kitchen and possibly build on a new master bath. We will see what is in store for us! We are so thankful to God that He has allowed us the opportunity to live in this house and enjoy making our unique home truly unique to our family! I took these pictures (except for the first one with the pumpkins and Jack O'Lanterns) before a Christmas party we hosted last weekend...you know your house is always cleanest before company comes over! I figured I better take advantage of the clean house and snap some shots! Here are pictures of every room in the house except our "master bath" which is tiny and not really worth shooting a pic of the toilet! Also, keep in mind that I haven't touched a few rooms in the house with a paint brush or decorative touch nor have I completed any rooms except maybe the dining room! I hope to have the opportunity to keep working on my sweet little home and make it an inviting place for visiting family and a special place for Sophia's childhood! Enough talking, here are the pics!
New Upcycle Ideas 846
1 day ago
6 comments:
Love it! You need to come decorate my house. My decorator skills are basically non-existent.
beautiful!
Looks even more beautiful in person!!
It is absolutely stunning! I love it! Keep the pics coming!
Your home is beautiful Leah. I love all your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so fun! I know you must be looking forward to all you can do with an old house.
Your mom told me about your blog yesterday and I had to check it out. Your house is so beautiful and you both must be so proud of all the work you have done. I can tell you have your mom's wonderful sense of style. Sophia is just a doll and always looks so happy in the pictures.
Take care,
Amanda Newton
Post a Comment