CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Movin' On Up!

I haven't blogged in a long time! I have all kinds of cute Easter pics to post someday. We have been quite busy and worried about our precious little angel. Several weeks ago, I began to notice that my sweet laid back baby was just down right tired all of the time. I would peek in her room at different points in the day at school and find her lying down in the corner while all of her classmates played around her. She was also very puny at home. She took 4 hour naps on the weekends after sleeping in till 10:00am and going to bed at 6:00pm. She also had a few other symptoms I really worried about; so I took her in. This is when things got very scary. On our first visit to the doc, they took her blood and found all of her counts to be low- hemoglobin, hematrocrit, white blood cells, and platelets. So, they told us they were thinking it was possibly Leukemia. This sent me into a tailspin. I couldn't even think straight! Praise be to God that is was not. However, we knew that baby girl was very anemic with a hemoglobin count of 8.8. They put her on iron and told us to come back in two weeks. I took her back a week later when she just seemed even more pitiful. Sure enough, her count was down to 7.8 which is transfusion territory. Our doc diagnosed her with T.E. C (Transient Erythroblastopenia of Childhood). This is a response to a virus in which the bone marrow quits making red blood cells temporarily. They ran another test to determine if she had any "new" RBC floating around in there. She does! Very few, but they are there! We took her back this week and...Yay! Her counts are up...still not in normal range, but up! Movin' on up! So our little angel is feeling much, much better! She is happy and active again and I am loving it! We are so thankful to God for watching over our family and our baby!

3 comments:

Laura Wiles said...

I had no idea you were going through such a scary time with Sophia. Glad she is doing better!

Lacey said...

love that sweet girl! we will keep praying :)

Ashley said...

I am glad she is better. I know you were worried. We will keep praying for her.