CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 12, 2010

My Olympic Friday!

Merry Winter Olympics everyone! I love the Olympic games! I have been excited for the opening ceremonies all day today! This Friday was already different than most. I generally work a few hours on Friday mornings but due to this crazy snow, I worked all day today seeing patients. Following my workday, I hurriedly headed to the gym. All this talk of Olympic athletes inspired me! I was so excited to go work out and then head home to my family for the games! Today was the most humiliating day at the gym so far! I headed to the locker room to change into my favorite pink running shirt and...uh oh...it was my OTHER pink shirt...you know the one that I haven't worn in years because it is 3 sizes too small! I stretched and stretched it and headed upstairs to work out...sucking in the whole time! I ran my miles (with no shirt to hide the jiggles) and lifted weights for a little while following. I headed down stairs and changed into my swim gear. I usually swim in the mornings...EARLY. So no make up! I forgot today was different and carried on a five minute conversation with someone before heading back to the showers where I realized I had make up dripping down my face! Awesome! Then to add insult to injury...the big one! I accidentally picked up two hand towels instead of two regular towels! I had to walk from the shower to the lockers with each cloth strategically placed and with only two cloths...someone loses! I hurriedly dressed and headed home! I had to get out of there! At home my sweet husband had already cooked dinner so I prepared some Olympic themed snacks!

Olympic Ring Cookie Cake! Yummy!

"Speedy" Peterson skis and ski poles with a few luge teams represented as well!
Please pray for the family of the Georgian luger who died this moring. How sad!

I now have my snuggie donned and the opening ceremonies on! The U.S.A. team is coming up soon! Let the games begin!









2 comments:

Lacey said...

hahaha! made me laugh out loud. thanks for sharing your eventful afternoon at the gym - at least you are laughing about it!

Country Gal said...

Hi, just stumbled on your blog...love it! You sound EXACTLY like my daugher (same age too AND she's married to a Dr of Physical Therapy). Can't wait to share your story with her (sorry), but it did make me chuckle and it reminded me that each of us have had been in your shoes at some point, glad we're not alone.