So yesterday was full of me saying to myself "whoah I have a long way to go." It all started when I headed to see my doctor for my postpartum check up. It basically hasn't rained all summer except for the terrential downpour over the past two days. Amidst this downpour, Sophie and I headed to the doc's office and found our parking spot 3 parking lots away from the actual entrance! Ugghhh! As I got soaked trying to get the diaper bag, Sophie, and the umbrella, I thought "whoah I have a long way to go carrying this dang heavy infant carrier complete with screaming (now wet) baby in the rain!!" Next, was during my actual doctor's visit! Of course, the humiliation must begin the moment you turn the corner from the waiting room and encounter the scales...duh duh duh!!! It doesn't help that the nurse recording my bohemith weight is petite and one of the cutest people I have ever seen! So I step up on the scales, learn with horror the current weight at which I reside and of course think to myself "whoah I have a long way to go to get my fat butt back in any kind of shape to actually wear blue jeans with a zipper and a button!" After my shocking meeting with the scales and watching the olympics the past few days, I was definitely in the mood to try and get a good workout in--especially now that Dr. Lawrence (who looks like a supermodel by the way) has cleared me! A few of my girlfriends from work invited me to join them at the walking trail last night to do a little "light running with walking mixed in"...so they said!!! I should have known a group of uber competitive physical therapists wouldn't actually "walk" any! So in the dark on a kind of creepy path if you are alone, I ran to keep pace with the girls. After 6-7 months of no running, pretty much from the beginning of the trail, I thought to myself "whoah I have a long way to go and since when did I feel so heavy when I run (of course then I flashed back to the numbers on the scale from that morning- question answered)!" So here I sit today looking at my laundry and thinking the same thing! Naturally I am sitting here blogging instead!
New Upcycle Ideas 846
1 day ago
3 comments:
I understand, my sister wants me to RUN in the race for the cure. Good luck to us both.
I like this post and I SO know the feeling.
Solution: forget the jeans with the zipper and button, go for the ice cream instead.
Post a Comment