Well, it is dark and rainy outside today, but Sophia and I have had a wonderful morning! I will preface this post by saying that Sophia and I have not had the greatest past two weeks! The poor baby girl has been struggling with all kinds of tummy issues and has been awake and crying most of the time! You know it is bad when the pediatrician asks you the mom, "do you think your baby might have colic?" AGGGHHHH! Anyway, a few trips to the doctor, an ultrasound of her tummy, some pear juice, a glycerin suppository, and a prescription for Prevacid and things seem to be taking a turn for the better! Anything is an improvement from the scene from Dawn of the Dead (Sophie awake and screaming, me awake and moving like a zombie-wearing the same clothes for who knows how many days in a row!) that was our home! Now Sophie is feeling better. We have resumed our walks, our trips to the store, and she is smiling again! So, what was so special about this drabby day? Well, Sophie slept from 10:00 p.m to 5:30 a.m. Yes folks, that is 7.5 hours! She has been going 5-6 for a few nights...but 7.5 is fabulous! Not only did she sleep, but she had a good day yesterday (for the most part). So this morning when she smiled at me for about 20 minutes straight, it was just icing on the sleeping cake! Later as she slept with her chubby little cheek on my shoulder, I sat and read a great book (more about Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers later) and just enjoyed the quiet and the calm of sitting with my daughter! This time, however, I couldn't wait for her to wake up! I love her so much!
New Upcycle Ideas 846
1 day ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment