CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Midnight Premiere

November 20th, 11:55 pm...it finally arrived...the highly anticipated midnight premiere of Twilight! I am no movie critic and I often really like a movie that everyone else thinks is awful or I hate a movie that everyone else loves! This movie...I'm just in the middle. Of course "the book was better"...of course! Way better! The movie was overwhelmingly awkward at times, extremely cheesy at times, and well done at other times. It was nice to see it on the screen, but I like my own images that I created while reading it better! I did have an absolute blast with my gal pals from work! We left town to start our night at 8:00 pm! It has been a long time since my night began at 8:00! The nine of us headed out to eat at P.F. Changs. I think they were actually getting ready to close. We completely forgot it was only a Thursday night when we started eating around 9:15. Oops! Janet ordered the "Great Wall of Chocolate." That thing was awesome! She of course couldn't eat it all (I think I could have) so we ALL had a little and still didn't finish it! We are involved in this wellness program at work so we asked about the calories...2800!!!!!!! I am supposed to have 1800 calories a day (and it is that high because I am nursing!!!!). What in the world!!! Restaurants have really skewed serving sizes in this country! Wow! We got home around 3:00 am! I got up at 7:00 with little Sophie and head to work around 9:15. Fridays are pretty laid back. Thank goodness I only had to work about 2.5 hours today! It was so worth it though! I had so much fun! Here are the pics from dinner.


After a few tries, we finally got the waiter to include Melissa!!!


Breakdown of dramatic teenage romance t-shirts worn by our group:
Me- Front: Team Edward
Back: "What if I'm not the hero, what if I'm the bad guy."

Melissa: I (heart) Cullen (last name of fictional vegetarian vampires...I feel really lame writing
this stuff out!)

Janet: My husband stole my heart, but Edward Cullen stopped it!

Round 2 next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with your analyses of the movie. There were times when I wondered if Scott could follow it having not read the book. I liked the book, and I think it was your suggestion that finally got me to read it. Although I was a little embarrassed reading a teen romance novel. I didn’t even read them when I was a teen…but it was a real page turner. I couldn’t put it down!

Lacey said...

Looks like y'all had a great time!! I went tonight with 10 other girls from school - it was a blast! And I feel about the same way as you do regarding the movie. I wasn't dissappointed, they just didn't have enough time to get in all the details that made the book soo wonderful. Plus B & E are just two awkward characters that are great to read about, but it makes me a little antsy to actually watch it!