CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

In Christ Alone

On any given Sunday (or Wednesday or any day that I might be singing) the lyrics to worship songs can easily set me off into an emotional, sobbing mess. I just get really touched by these songs for many different reasons. Some songs, such as "I'll Meet You In the Morning," remind me of my Mamaw and how exciting it will be to see her again someday. Other songs, such as "I Am A Poor Wayfaring Stranger," (an African spiritual) make me think of the writers and those who sang that song and truly were waiting with every breath they took to be in a better place. But most of the time, my tears are brought on by lyrics that remind me of the shear awesome power and mercy of my Father. Singing to my Father and thanking him for sacrificing his very own Son for me just has a way of bringing me to my emotional knees! Sunday night at church we sang a song called "In Christ Alone." This song gets me everytime! It hits me at the same point in the song everytime. I thought I'd share the words with you. You can read them at Getty Music. I am so thankful that NOTHING "can ever pluck me from His hand." God Bless!



2 comments:

Leslie said...

This is also one of my favorites. I did a similar post about this song last summer. I love when songs have a true and evident meaning and their is no denying the meaning in this song.
"No power of hell, no sting of death...could every pluck me from His hand...Til He returns, or bids me home...here in the power of Christ I stand!" Whew! Pretty powerful.

Brandon said...

There is a version of this song I really like that the Newsboys did. I've got it on my iTunes. You might like it, It's on their "Adoration:The Worship Album".