CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Harvest Time

Well, yesterday was an exciting day for us! It began with us all sleeping in until 7:45! I usually wake Sophia up around 7:00 in the mornings to feed her and let her daddy whisk her away to Lisa's house while I hurriedly attempt to get myself presentable for work in 30 minutes! YIKES! As you can guess, I often go to work looking less than presentable! Anywho, back to yesterday, the 11th day of my birth month (yes, I celebrate for a month!)...as my dad would call it Rocktober! So I woke Sophie up at 7:45...my super systematic schedule keeping self just wouldn't let her go any longer! After breakfast, we played and listened to her Baby Einstein Awake Time CD. The music definitely gets on my last nerve, but she seems to like it. After a series of napping, eating, playing, and more napping, I had the house picked up, make-up on, hair fixed, and we were on our way to the pumpkin patch! Yahoo! I love harvesty stuff! I think it is all so quaint and cute and...well, neat! Jeremy was really excited about our outing too (until we go to the pumpkin patch, discovered our camera batteries were dead, and he got sent looking for the nearest place to purchase some Double AA's) ! It was blue-blazing hot outside yesterday so Sophie and I sat under a shade tree and waited for Daddy to get back with the batteries so our exciting pumpkin hunting, animal petting, and generally happy harvest time could begin! I was super excited and she fell asleep! Jeremy and I had a blast! Sophia couldn't have cared less about the pumpkin patch, but I have a feeling she will love it next year!

Look at our scary little ghoul! She's barely awake in this picture and just not really into it!


The butterflies weren't even scared of her! She was pretty interested in the pigs and piglets!

We thought her Grandpa might get a kick out of her at the wheel of a John Deere tractor (even though it was orange)!


It was just too hot outside, so I stripped our little "Boo" out of her clothes before we headed home! If this pumpkin farm looks like something you or your family would enjoy, please don't hesitate to check out their official web site (seen below).

I'm so corny! I'm sure they really do have a web site, but this one is way cuter!

Around 5:00, Jeremy's parents, Grandad, and brother and sister-in-law arrived (we missed having Mimi and hope she feels better soon)! It was time to go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday! This was the only weekend available on my father-in-law's maniac SEC schedule! No he doesn't just spend a lot of time watching football! He's an SEC official (refer to previous blogs). I was super nervous about taking Sophie to one of the nicer places downtown, but we went for it and had a blast. Sophie did really well, for the most part, and we enjoyed some excellent Italian food at Michaelangelo's! I also received 2 gift cards for $125.00 to spend at...wait for it...wait for it...Hobby Lobby! AGGGHHHH! I'm going to go buck wild! I also got a precious picture frame in the shape of a pumpkin! How perfect for a picture of my little pumpkin! Sophie did get a little fussy toward the end of dinner. In all fairness it was getting close to her bed time. So I took her outside to walk around a bit. It was okay, because outside the Silver Mooon Cinema was playing Grease! Silver Moon Cinema is the neatest thing. They project movies on the wall of a building and block off the streets. You just show up with your lawn chairs, donate a dollar to a local charity, and enjoy the show with snacks to boot!


Sophie wore yet another Halloween themed outfit to dinner! She just looks so cute in them and I have so many Halloween Clothes and so little time!

Michelangelo's Italian Ristorante! They have really spruced up downtown and this is one of the new additions!


Aunt Jennifer trying her best to squeeze a burp out of Sophie!

Sherry (Jeremy's mom) and L.V. (Jeremy's grandad)
L.V. was a missionary in Italy for some time! It is nice to have him nearby when ordering food at an Italian restaurant!

We headed home and Sophie was at her breaking point! Too much fun for one day! With my sweet girl tucked safely away in her veggie feetie-pajamas, swaddler, and lots of kisses from mommy and daddy, I reclined on the loveseat and ate my dessert from the restaurant! Yummy! We all slept well with visions of pumpkins, hayrides, chocolate cake, noodles, and sock hops dancing in our heads! What a wonderful day!

1 comments:

Magen said...

What a day for sure! Bet she was pooped!