CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas, New Year's, Back at Work...Where Did It All Go!!

January 7, 2009! OMG (goodness!)! January 7, 2009! 2009! Aggghhhh! Starting this year, I will be 29...forever! I can't believe Christmas and New Year's have come and gone and I am just now sitting down to blog about it! It seems like we have not a had a moment to spare! Unfortunately, baby Sophie is sick today with the croup...scared me to death the last couple of nights...and I am home with her. Fortunately, she is finally getting some sleep right now (no wheezing or barking cough waking her and scaring both she and her hovering parents to death) and thus...I blog! Well, despite my previous blog detailing the excitement of staying home for Christmas, we still concluded our Christmas Break with the same conversation we have every year where we look at each other exhausted and say "okay, really...next year we are not doing this much traveling." We shall see! Christmas with Sophie was an absolutely sticky, sweet (not because I usually had remnants of fudge on my fingers) display of how much she is loved. What with Jeremy and I constantly gazing at her and saying aloud to one another "she is so precious" or "this little girl is adorable" and the constant cuddling and kissing of Sophia's plump little cheeks...like I said too sweet! We are so blessed and thankful for our family! I know I complained about the traveling, but we truly enjoyed every moment with our families over the Holidays.

We made and decorated gingerbread houses and men after church on Christmas Eve!

Licking Royal Icing off of Jeremy's face...that's about as crazy as things get at our hacienda!

The finished product on my antique Candyland Board Game!

Now for the star of the show! Sophia opening a gift on Christmas morning at our house!

Mommy's favorite gift this year!

Sophia's great Mimi and Grandad came over to see her and bring gifts! L.V. made the most precious little wooden doll cradle! Sophia will always treasure it!

I mad great...no...Incredible!...fudge this year! I probably ate one whole candy tin of it!
We do have a lot of great pictures from Jeremy's parents house for Christmas but they are all on our video camera and I am not savvy enough to know how to get those off! Know that we had a wonderful time and of course were all spoiled rotton as well! We also had a very nice trip to Branson to stay in a cabin and spend family time together! Loved it!

Nana and Grandpa's house for Christmas (my parents!)

Isn't her mantle fabulous and whimsical with her trees!

Look what Nick and Catherine put on my ceiling in my bedroom at my parents house! They strategically placed it above my side of the bed and in a way that Edward was looking directly at me! I could barely sleep...ha ha ha!

My favorite Holiday Treat! A pretty pink gum drop!

Playing with Sophie! I love her soooooooooooooo much!

Sophie is so happy Grandpa shaved his beard for her!

Country Christmas in Decatur, TX with Jeremy's family! Watching Quigley Down Under (great movie and my childhood kitty cat's namesake!) at David and Karen's house!

Bath time with Gigi!

Pay no attention to the large scary woman on the left, but do look at the precious, cuddly baby on the right! One of my favorite Christmas traditions this year! Napping with my little, naked baby! I have to admit...I did it again this morning! I needed to make sure she was breathing alright and I needed to snuggle my Sophie!
I realized I don't have any pictures of Brandon and Jennifer or B.D. and Joan on this post! I would love fore them to send my some from their cameras since I can't figure out the video camera! We love you all and hope you all had a blessed time with your families like we did!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Loved looking at the pics of that sweet girl. I am so glad that y'all had a great Christmas. I can't wait to get together...Soon, I hope. Love ya!

Brandon said...

You need to post your fudge recipe!

Lacey said...

looks like y'all had a great time over the holidays! i LOVE sophie's pearly pink boots! i got an edward poster for christmas too! now it's framed in our bedroom... no, not really. i gave it to my neice.