CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ode to My Mother

Wait...before you skip this...it is not a Cranberries song...it really is an ode to my mother! My mom had a birthday Monday! I will not disclose her age, so don't even try to convince me to do so! I called her and wished her happy birthday, but we have started celebrating her birthday around my precious nephew Jack's birthday in February, because it falls so close to Christmas! We want her to have a special day too! Here are a few things you may not know about my mom:

1) Before she took her married name...her name was Sara Lee! As they say "Nobody doesn't like Sara(h) Lee!"
2) Most of you know her as a school counselor, but she was an art teacher before that! She says she is not a talented artist, but I beg to differ! She has never attempted anything artsy that I have not been astonished by the end result! She is a wonderful sketcher and is great with light and shading!
3) Her phone connection is usually pretty crappy! We are constantly calling each other back after dropped calls or never realizing we are hearing each other because we both just keep saying "hello, can you hear me!" We have the same voice so sometimes this really does get confusing. One time I actually said "is that me talking or are you talking?" Not sure about that!
4) She was a cheerleader in college!
5) She is an excellent swimmer and taught both Nick and I how to swim before we were 1 year old!
6) She hates strawberries!
7) She loves Georgia O'Keefe paintings!
8) My mom loves Airstreams! If I had the money to do it, I would buy her one and pimp it out Shabby Chic Style for her to travel around New Mexico and Arizona in while painting flowers and desert scenes!
9) She stole the Governor's reserved parking sign from the capital in Little Rock when she was a teenager! What a delinquent!
10) She was the most wonderful daughter to her mother and is the most wonderful mother to her daughter! I love you mom! Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

Susy said...

Awww...what a sweet daughter you are! I love your mom too! Happy Birthday Mrs. Starnes!!

Brandon and Teresa plus 2! said...

What?! Your mom stole the governor's parking sign also?